date: January 23rd, 2023
- Added: Grasshopper support for .ghuser assets with improved UX – the assets won’t get moved when you drag & drop them.
- Added: .ghuser file format as part of the Scripts asset type.
- Added: Improved support of Substance materials by implementing the latest Substance SDK.
date: December 1st, 2022
- Fixed: 3ds Max integration 2.80.59 & 2.80.60 addresses recently reported bugs.
- Fixed: Corner case with system locale affecting self-hosted Connecter Suite Workspaces.
- Fixed: Minor UX and UI issues.
date: November 17th, 2022
- Fixed: Adding non-shared custom properties resulted in a crash in specific scenarios.
date: November 16th, 2022
Take a look at the changelog with previous updates on Connecter 4.x.
- Added: Collaborative Feedback on assets and asset versions: Guide | Video.
- Added: Custom properties: Guide | Video.
- Added: Generating Custom Previews for 3ds Max assets in Connecter: Guide | Video.
- Added: “Show differences”, a new feature in Compare images tool: Guide | Video.
- Added: Collections: Guide | Video.
- Added: Dynamic Subsets: Guide | Video.
- 3ds Max integration: Completely refactored Add/Update workflows with new Python-based UI: Video.
- Redesigned interface and improved workflows for managing Workspaces: Guide.
- Media Player improvements: Videos can be zoomed in and out and played full size: Video.
- Interactive Preview Player now has a much bigger viewport: 1200 x 900 px.
- New Tag's breadcrumb: The fully-interactive breadcrumb allows quickly selecting and deselecting individual tags, selecting subtags and more visual interaction for toggling the “Show all” and “Show combined” tag modes: Video.
- Stacks improvements: Video.
- All contextual commands available on multi-selections are now also available on stacks.
- Drag & drop: Users can now use drag & drop interaction with stacks.
- Quick preview of an asset preview gallery in the assets view with a Shift + mouse scroll interaction: Video.
- Quick preview of videos and audio files with a click and hold of the middle mouse button directly within the assets view: Video.
- Version Control:
- Operations on multi-selection of versions (Review) and variants (Review, Remove).
- Update asset content to any version, not just the latest.
- Multiple previews can be added to versions.
- Version Control commands were added in the Tags and Folders context menus to execute operations with a single click on all assets within the selected folder or tags.
- Asset Details Panel improvements: Screenshot.
- Added “Productivity” section with quick links to Version Control, Workflows and the new Feedback and Collections features.
- Added section for the new “Custom Properties” feature: Guide.
- The ”Custom Properties” section is now “Asset Properties” with quick access to Tags and Custom previews: GIF.
- Improved Description interactions: Type in the description and press the Control and Enter keyboard keys or click elsewhere to confirm the changes: GIF.
- Text area with inline formatting to style any part of the text differently from the rest – bold, italicize, link, and more: Guide | Video.
- The “Roughness” parameter was added to the HDR interactive preview: Video.
- The “Light intensity” parameter was added to the interactive preview viewer: Video.
- Added support of *.3mf file format for interactive previewing, showing embedded previews and reading the file’s metadata (Details panel): Video.
- Zip operations are now available on multi-selections of zip archives.
- Updated Settings menu where “Connecter preferences”, “Asset types”, and the new “Custom properties” feature are now separated into three brand new interfaces for easier access and clearer view: GIF.
- Audio, BIM, CAD, and Scripts global asset types are now available. The users can now switch off asset types they no longer need to see in Connecter: Guide.
- More extensions in the asset type groups were added:
- AI, EPS and SVG to the Image asset type.
- 3mf, Abc and vrscene to the 3d assets type.
- mdl to the Materials asset type.
- UI improvements on the Web Catalogs dialog box in Connecter: Screenshot:
- Added a quick link to the "Process Monitor".
- It shows the elapsed time for each asset event in the “Recent” list.
- It shows the total elapsed time for the 50 most recent asset syncs.
- Added shortcuts for opening and closing the various UI panels (Folders, Previews, etc.): Shortcuts in Connecter | Video.
- Secondary filters improved interactions: GIF.
- When a particular filter has multiple values available, the user can choose values directly from the filter’s dropdown. It's no longer necessary to select (and activate) the filter itself first.
- Showing the tag's full path in the Tags secondary filter.
- Enable tags to filter in the tags selection context.
- Fixed: An issue with LXO small scenes visualization.
- Fixed: Crash when users without permissions tag assets from the tagging tool (Shift + T).
- Fixed: Light position in full-size PBR viewer when opened from the Previews panel.
- Fixed in the Version Control: Adding GIF as a version preview was wrongly converted to JPG.
- Fixed in the Auto-Assign tool: An issue where the asset has the name “001.max”, for example, and the preview has the same name “001.jpg”.