When the Connecter app detects a problem with any of its components (main app and integrations), or you want to report an issue through the Help menu > Report a problem, a separate Problem Reporter app will launch. It’ll invite you to send a report to help us fix the problem.
The Problem Reporter app will generate a report and share it with us if you send it. It’ll contain the following data:
- The timestamp of when the report is sent.
- The timestamp of when the crash occurred (in case the Problem Reporter app was automatically launched after a Connecter crash).
- Connecter’s full version and release number.
- Full version and release numbers of all Connecter integrations installed (if any).
- The device's Windows operating system name and version number.
- CPU architecture, amount of RAM, and disk space.
- Connecter’s log file containing usage information which we need to replicate and fix the problem.
Connecter’s log files can be found in: C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Local\Design Connected\Connecter\logs – a lower number in the log’s name indicates a more recently created log. Typically the newest log file is named “connecter_log_00.tx1,” and it’ll contain this information:
- Log files of all instances of the selected Connecter integration.
- Connecter Workspace name.
- Connecter Workspace username.
When sending a problem report, you’ll need to provide a valid email address so we can contact you to request further information or offer a solution.
IMPORTANT: We warrant that information about your IP address, Windows account name, or other personal data not explicitly stated above is never collected and shared by the Problem Reporter app.