Feature availability 🛈
✔️ Personal ✔️ Shared ✔️ Suite
To start generating custom previews, you must have a running "Custom Preview Generator" dedicated instance. To run it:
- Go to the Integrations menu and choose the "Dedicated 3ds Max" or “Dedicated Cinema4D” option.
- In the dialog box, select the "Custom Preview Generator" (for 3ds Max) option.
- In the dialog box, select the “Auto setup” or “Manual setup” option.
- In the dialog box, select your preferred version of the host app (for “Auto setup”) or browse and select the host app executable file (for “Manual setup” ).
- To monitor the status of the dedicated instance, go to Tools and choose Process Manager. Find the Dedicated 3ds Max "Custom Preview Generator" or Dedicated Cinema4D “Global instance” and refer to the Status, Message, Activity, and Errors columns for more details. To use the dedicated instance, its status must be Running.
Starting 3ds Max dedicated instance.