Feature availability 🛈
✔️ Personal ✔️ Shared ✔️ Suite
Connecter's Stacking feature allows you to group assets in the assets view based on different criteria. The grouping is done based on the filenames of the assets, but depending on the selected option, Connecter recognizes and uses different elements.
Here are the available Stacking options:
- Stack by Name: Gathers together assets based on their names in dynamic groupings. For example, "studio_1.max", "studio_1.jpg", "studio_2.jpg," and "studio_1.c4d" will all be part of the same stack.
- Enable Fuzzy Matching: Further stack your files as it will match names with minor differences or misspellings - "textures" and "txture" will be grouped.
- Stack PBR Textures: This option automatically stacks PBR textures based on their naming convention. Connecter looks for keywords such as "BaseColor", "Metallic", "Roughness", and "Normal" in the names of the textures and groups them accordingly.
- Stack Version and Variants: This option stacks different versions or variants of the same asset based on their naming convention. Connecter looks for keywords such as "v" and "var" to recognize the matching.
- Stack Images in Different Sizes: This option stacks images with different resolutions or sizes based on their naming convention. Connecter looks for the "[number]K" (1K, 2K, 4K, etc.) pattern to match the assets.
To apply a stacking option in Connecter, follow these steps:
- Open Connecter and navigate to a view that contains the assets you want to stack.
- Click on the "Stacking" icon located in the toolbar above the Assets View. This will open the Stacking options dropdown.
- Select the desired stacking option from the list.
- Connecter will automatically group the assets based on the selected criteria.
In conclusion, the Stacking feature in Connecter is a powerful tool that allows you to group assets based on specific criteria.