The cloud workspace is hosted on our cloud hosting server, which is based in Europe and has an AAA level of security and minimal expected downtime.
- Very easy setup - enter the name of the workspace to create it;
- Automatic daily backup;
- No need for additional administration if there are any changes to the database structure.
- Not having complete control - although secure, the meta-data is hosted by a third party - companies that are working with sensitive data (governments, laboratories) prefer hosting everything on-premise and having ownership of everything.
PostgreSQL database, which is hosted on your own local or cloud server. Its then linked with the Connecter cloud server, which acts only as licensing.
- Complete control over the data;
- May work faster, especially for companies with slower internet connection.
- Harder setup - requires technical knowledge;
- Ongoing maintenance - it's up to the company to set up auto backups and apply any changes that are required as the project develops.